原文 (Original) | 中文翻譯 (Chinese Translation) |
And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, Speak to us of Children. | 有個婦人把嬰孩抱在胸前,說道:「請對我們講講孩子。」 |
And he said: | 他說: |
Your children are not your children. | 你們的孩子,其實不是你們的孩子。 |
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself. | 他們是生命對於自身渴望所生的兒女。 |
They come through you but not from you, | 他們經由你們而來,卻不是從你們而生, |
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you. | 儘管他們和你們在一起,卻不屬於你們。 |
You may give them your love but not your thoughts, | 你們可以給他們你們的愛,卻不能給他們你們的思想, |
For they have their own thoughts. | 因為他們有他們自己的思想。 |
You may house their bodies but not their souls, | 你們可以庇護他們的身體,卻不能庇護他們的靈魂, |
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams. | 因為他們的靈魂居住在明日的宅邸中,那是你們連在夢中也無法造訪的。 |
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you. | 你們可以努力去模仿他們,卻不要企圖讓他們像你們; |
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday. | 因為生命不會倒退,也不會在昨日停留。 |
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth. | 你們是弓,孩子們是從你們那裡射出的活箭。 |
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far. | 那射手看見了無窮道路上的靶子,祂用神力彎曲你們,好讓祂的箭射得又快又遠。 |
Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness; | 願你們在射手手中的彎曲是歡欣的; |
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable. | 因為正如祂愛那飛翔的箭,祂也愛那穩固的弓。 |
- 取得連結
- X
- 以電子郵件傳送
- 其他應用程式
- 取得連結
- X
- 以電子郵件傳送
- 其他應用程式


留言