| 字幕 | 翻譯 |
| Translator: tom carter Reviewer: Bedirhan Cinar | 譯者: Geoff Chen 審譯者: Coco Shen |
| Imagine a microscopic-sized ladder contained in the part of our brain that we'll label our subconscious. | 想像一下我們我們大腦 裡頭裝載的一個微型梯子, 我們一般叫它潛意識, |
| The Ladder of Inference, which was first proposed by Harvard professor Chris Argyris,is the basis of this model. | 推論的梯子作為這模式的基礎 首先是由哈佛大學教授克里斯 · 阿奇利斯(Chris Argyris)所提出的。 |
| Every time we interact with someone, | 每次我們與某人互動往來 |
| that experience enters the ladder at the bottom. | 我們的經驗進入階梯的底部, |
| That same experience zips up the ladder in the blink of an eye, | 這經歷在瞬間躍上梯子 |
| exiting at the top. | 一路爬到梯子頂端。 |
| This process happens thousands of times a day without us knowing it. | 這件事在我們不知不覺中一天要發生幾千次。 |
| Let's focus on what happens on each rung of the ladder. | 現在讓我們看看爬梯時都發生了什麼。 |
| On the first rung, we have the raw data and observations of our experience. | 在第一層,我們透過經驗和觀察得來原始資料 |
| This is very similar to what someone watching a video recording of our experience would see. | 就像有人看我們的經驗錄製而成的影片 |
| Moving up to the second rung, | 到了第二層 |
| we filter in specific information and details from our experience. | 我們從我們的經驗中篩選特定資料和細節, |
| We unknowingly filter based on our preferences, tendencies, | 在不知情的情況下根據我們的偏好、傾向 |
| and many other aspects that we believe are important. | 還有其它我們相信重要的事來篩選它們。 |
| On to the third rung. | 到了第三層, |
| We assign meaning to the information we have filtered through. | 到了第三層, 我們為那些已通過篩選的資料賦予意義 |
| This is where we start to interpret what our information is telling us. | 就是從這裡開始,我們詮釋那些資料的內容。 |
| On our fourth rung, a very crucial thing happens. | 對到了第四層,一個非常關鍵的事發生了, |
| We develop assumptions based on the meaning we created on the previous rung, | 我們開始基於前一階段所創造的意義做出假設 |
| and we start to blur the distinction between what is fact and what is story. | 同時,我們開始混淆事實和故事之間的分際。 |
| On the fifth rung, we develop conclusions based on our assumptions. | 到了第五層,我們基於我們的假設得出結論 |
| This is also where our emotional reactions are created. | 這一階段也是我們創造情緒反應的地方, |
| On the sixth rung, we adjust our beliefs about the world around us, | 在第六層,我們調整了我們對我們週遭世界的想法, |
| including the person or people involved in our experience of the moment. | 包括那參與我們經驗的個人或群眾, |
| On the seventh and final rung, | 到了第七層,也就是最後一層, |
| we take action based on our adjusted beliefs. | 我們基於我們調整後的想法採取行動。 |
| Still with me? Great! | 有跟上我嗎?很好 ! |
| Let's take a real-life example and run it up the ladder to see how this all works. | 讓我們用一個真實的例子快速爬一遍這梯子, 看看這一切如何運作的。 |
| Have you ever been cut off in a parking lot, signal light on | 你曾經在停車場上被強佔車位嗎?當你的指示燈亮起, |
| as you steer toward your coveted spot, only to slam on your brakes at the last minute | 正朝著準備停車的車格駛入, 然後在最後一刻猛踩刹車, |
| as someone pulls in front of you and steals your spot away? | 因為有人在你面前橫切進來偷走你等待的車位? |
| Imagine that experience and notice all of the data and observations landing on the first rung of your ladder. | 想像一下這個經驗,注意到所有觀察資料 將進入你梯子的第一層。 |
| Now let's watch what we pay attention to on the second rung. | 現在讓我們看看在第二層梯子,我們關注些什麽。 |
| Who cares that it's sunny out and the birds are chirping? | 誰在乎陽光明媚,鳥兒鳴叫? |
| The 50% off sign outside of your favorite store is meaningless. | 你最喜歡的商店的五折廣告是沒意義的。 |
| You filter in the sensation of your grip tightening on the wheel, | 你選擇專注於握在方向盤上緊握的侷促感, |
| you feel your blood pressure rise, | 你覺得你的血壓飆升, |
| you hear the squeal of your brakes, | 你聽到你的刹車的尖刺聲, |
| and you notice the expression on the face of the other driver as he pulls in front of you and quickly looks away. | 你也注意到另外一位駕駛的神情, 當他硬是插進你等待的停車位前, 快速把頭轉過去。 |
| Time for our third rung. | 於是我們來到第三層。 |
| Ever since you were young, your parents taught you the importance of waiting in line and taking your turn. | 從你還年輕的時候,你父母教你排隊的重要性, |
| You live and die by the rule of first come, first served. | 你深信先來後到的道理, |
| And now this guy has just stolen your spot. What gives? | 現在這傢伙竟然偷了你的停車位。這是怎麼回事? |
| Up to the fourth rung we go. | 我們來到第四層。 |
| Watch closely as our assumptions take over and our story creates itself. | 請注意,這時我們的種種假設接管了這一層, 我們開始編造故事。 |
| "That stupid jerk, didn't his parents teach him anything? | 「那個愚蠢的笨蛋,他爸媽什麽都沒教他嗎? |
| How could he not see my signal light? He must never pay attention! | 他怎麼可能沒有看到我打的燈?他一定從來都沒用心! |
| Why does he think he's more important than anyone else?" | 為何他覺得自己比任何人還重要?」 |
| Jumping quickly to the fifth rung, | 快速跳轉到第五層, |
| we conclude that this guy is heartless, inconsiderate, he needs to be taught a lesson and put in his place. | 我們得出結論,這傢伙無情、 不可理喻, 他需要有人教他一點正常道理, |
| We feel angry, frustrated, vindictive, justified. | 我們感到憤怒、 沮喪、 想要報復、並且擁有正當理由。 |
| On our sixth rung, we adjust our beliefs based on the experience. | 到了我們的第六層,我們調整我們基於經驗的看法, |
| "That's the last time I give in! Next time someone tries to cut me off, | 「這是我最後一次讓步 !下一次有人試圖插隊, |
| tires will be smoking on the pavement as I squeal past them into my spot." | 我會呼嘯而過,並且放開大罵讓他難堪。」 |
| And finally our last rung: we take action. | 接著我們來到最後一層: 我們採取行動, |
| We back up, pull up behind his car, honk our horn, and roll down our window to scream a few choice words as well. | 我們倒車,停在他車後, 按喇叭,搖下車窗, 嚷嚷幾句話大聲抗議。 |
| Now imagine, he walks over quickly, apologizing. | 現在想像一下,那人快速走來,道歉。 |
| His wife, who's almost due with their first baby, | 他的妻子,似乎快要生了他們第一個寶寶, 在商場裡頭叫他趕過來 |
| called him from inside the mall to say she is in labor | 他的妻子,似乎快要生了他們第一個寶寶, 在商場裡頭叫他趕過來 她說她感到陣痛,需要立刻去醫院。 |
| and needs to get to the hospital immediately. | 她說她感到陣痛,需要立刻去醫院。 |
| We're momentarily shocked, apologize profusely, and wish him luck as he rushes toward the entrance. | 我們立即感到驚訝、道歉,在他跑去找入口處時祝福他好運。 |
| What just happened here? What changed? Why is this so significant? | 剛剛發生什麼事情?什麼改變了?這有什麼重要? |
| In our parking lot example, | 在我們停車場的例子中, |
| our beliefs were short-circuited by the ladder of the other individual. | 我們的想法被梯子中的個人因素所左右, |
| "My wife is in labor, I need to get there quick, | 「我太太在陣痛中,我需要快點趕過去, |
| there's a parking spot. Whew! | 有一個停車位。呼 ! |
| Oh, jeez, I cut someone off. I'd better apologize quickly so they don't think I'm a jerk." | 哦,糟了,我插隊了。我得快點道歉, 不然他們會認為我是個混蛋。」 |
| But what if we were able to short-circuit our ladders ourselves? | 但如果我們能自己左右我們自己的梯子呢? |
| Proactively, by choice? | 動用選擇權? |
| Guess what? We can! | 猜猜看?是的,我們可以 ! |
| Let's return to our unique human function of free will. | 讓我們回想人類獨特的自由意志功能。 |
| Next time you notice yourself reacting to your experience, | 下一次你發現你作出根據自己經驗的反應, |
| pay focused attention to your ladder. | 注意一下你的梯子。 |
| Ask yourself what beliefs are at play, where do they come from? | 問問自己,什麼樣的想法在發揮作用,它們從哪裡來。 |
| What data and observations did you filter in as a result of your beliefs, and why? | 你選擇了哪些資料和觀察結果 使你有這個看法,為什麼? |
| Are your assumptions valid and supported by facts? | 你的假設有效嗎?它們是以事實為根據的嗎? |
| Would a different set of assumptions create different feelings, and result in new and better conclusions and actions? | 一套不同的假設會創造不同的感受 並導致新的和更好的結論和行動嗎? |
| We all have our own unique ladder. | 我們都有自己獨特的梯子。 |
| Be mindful of yours, and help others to see theirs. | 請留意你的,並也幫助其他人看到他們的。 |
- 取得連結
- X
- 以電子郵件傳送
- 其他應用程式
- 取得連結
- X
- 以電子郵件傳送
- 其他應用程式


留言